Google webmaster tools is used by many website owners to gain great insights into their websites. If you are not yet using webmaster tools, you are missing out on critical information about your website which can help you get more traffic and make your website more healthy.
With Google webmaster tools helps you get information about how many times your website was displayed in Google search results & how many clicks it received for which keywords and so on. You can also get information about how many pages have been submitted and how many have been indexed in the search engine.
Some notable features that are included in Webmaster Tools:
- Check Keywords and their impressions and clicks
- Check your website for malware
- Check the status of structured data
- Get notified if there is a sudden drop in traffic
- Get notified if there is any issue in the website
- Fetch as Google bot and submit the page to Google
- 404 / Not found errors on your website
- Incoming links from other websites and internal links
- Remove certain URLs from the search engine index
In this article I will show you step by step how to add your website to Google webmaster tools and how to make the maximum use of this tool from big G.