“The Money Is In The List”
First I heard this quote in 2015.
Till then I wasn’t giving much thought about emails and list building. I was just focusing on writing blog posts and sharing them on my social profiles.
When I read it “Money is in the list” it struck me hard.
Why am I not building a list?
I didn’t have an answer for that.
But, then I decided to build a list.
Now, I have 200,000+ people in my list, and it’s the channel that drives my sales and revenue. (And you are one of my subscribers).
I’m planning to grow my list to 1 million people by the end of this year.
So, what changed?
Well, I realized the power of email marketing.
If you don’t have a list or not thinking about building a list, stop everything you do and start building your list.
Because “The Money Is In The List”.
If there is one popular saying in digital marketing that’s true, it got to be this.
And, it’s not just because of money.
1. Email is the #1 preferred communication channel. At least 91% of the consumers check their email on a daily basis and 72% of the consumers prefer email as their source of business communication.
2. Email drives more conversions than any other marketing channel, including search and social combined. If you are more focused on conversions, you should focus more on email.
3. Emails also have higher click-through rates and higher ROI than any other channels. You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.
4. When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more.
5. A message is 5x more likely to be seen in email than via Facebook. The organic reach days are over on Facebook. If you want to reach more of your fans, you need to pay.
6. About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices, and 23% of readers who open an email on a mobile device open it again later. If you add the fact, 88% of the smartphone users actively check email on their phones, email becomes the best channel to reach the mobile audience.
7. You own your list. This is the most important reason to build a list. On Facebook or any social network, your account could be suspended or deleted at any time, for any reason, without notice. You could lose all your fans in an instant, and all the efforts you have put could go waste. However, when it comes email, you own your email list. No one can take those leads away from you.
It should be clear by now that email marketing is probably the most powerful channel when it comes to customer acquisition, retention, and conversions.
I can’t imagine how my business will run without email marketing. It is the prime channel of communication with my followers. Though I have a following on Facebook Groups, Facebook Pages, Twitter and LinkedIn, Email Marketing remains the foundation of my online communication.
So, are you ready to dive into email marketing and boost your conversions, sales, and revenue?